Monday, April 20, 2020

Fishing Log
 
 

April 20, 2000 - I caught a 2lb. 17in. flounder at east notch of C-2, on a jig, during my lunch break, and got free ice from the Ribault Club.  Blackened the fish for dinner.
 
April 24, 2000 - Caught a 16-in. flounder, a 17-in. speckled sea trout, and an 18-in. yellow mouth sea trout:  The flounder (on a jig) at Fox Cove during lunch, and the trout on two back to back casts after work, about 3:15pm.

This week, aboard the USS John F Kennedy CV-60,  I've been paired with Edgardo Dabu, a Pilipino tech-rep from Norfolk, who was impressed with the flounder I caught April 20.  Using a hand line and a jig I gave him, he caught a nice trout next to the carrier.  By this afternoon, he was slamming a bunch of jacks crevalle on a new rod and reel he'd just bought - a very excited guy!

There are also some very big bluefish in the basin right now.  I watched a sailor land one on light tackle that was about 3-ft. long, one of the biggest I've ever seen.  From a distance it looked like a small kingfish.  What a rod-bender!

 
 
 
April 26, 2000 - Midday Wednesday, wind out of the west.  Pulled up to the B/C corner and caught a 16 or 17 inch flounder on my first cast (I never shut the truck engine off) and drove home for lunch.  Gave the fish to (Bob) Fillinger. 

Thursday, April 27, 2000 - Snagged up a small 14 inch flounder at Fox Cove, just after work.  Gave it to Stoddard (Andreu).

April (?). 20000 - Released a medium size Jack at the B/C corner and a small flounder at the western corner of C-2.





No comments:

Post a Comment