Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Fishing Log
 
 
April 1, 2000 - Returned from Charleston, where I'd had no time for fishing.
 
Mon. April 3, 2000 - Before work, I made 3 casts from B/C corner and released 3 trout.  On the first cast I got 3 bumps, but a month's worth of rust on the hook prevented a good hook set.
 
Tue. April 4, 2000 - Carried Mac (my dad) 4 small yellow mouth trout I caught near the bottom of E-Pier at dark.  2/3 of the fish I caught were undersized and had to be released.

Yellow Mouth Trout

Fri. April 7, 2000 - Mild wind out of the SE.  Fishing the bottom if E-Pier was slow at dusk, but picked up with the incoming tide.  Between 8 and 10pm, I'd filled a cooler with some very nice yellow mouth trout - had also released half a dozen others that (that were) of legal length, but skinny.  Of the bigger fish, many were between 18 and 20 in. long.  Raided the ice machine at North Florida Shipyards, and will clean fish in the morning.  Right now I need a shower.

  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment