Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Fishing Log
 
May 3, 1997 - No desirable table fish in over two weeks.  Baitfish (mullet) plentiful, and conditions fair, but I only caught several ribbon fish along Echo Pier.  I saw a small y.m. trout taken off the fishing dock east of C-2, and heard reports of flounder and small spotted trout, taken at the cove off of the east end of Foxtrot Pier.  I seem to be in a slump.



May 12, 1997 - Fishing still bad, a few ribbon fish and one small jack crevalle last week, period.


May 15, 1997 -  The slump is over, I hope.  Nailed a 14.5-in. croaker, a medium blue, and a 2.25 pound, 17-in. flounder @ the corner of Alpha and Charlie Piers,*  with a light wind at my back, on both sides of the high tide.

*There is no place where C and A Piers meet, so the spot (figuring the wind direction) was probably B-C corner, but might (possibly) have been where A and B Piers meet.


B-C corner (top left)  C-2 fish dock (top right)
Foxtrot Pier cove (middle) Echo Pier (bottom)


May 16, 1997 -  Picked up a nice blue (first cast) and an 18 inch flounder, 7:30 am, from the fishing pier, east of the fence @ C-2, on the outgoing tide, with the wind and sun at my back.  The new floating landing net I built, worked perfect !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment