Saturday, January 28, 2017



E-3 (bottom) B/C Corner (top)

Jan. 28, 1997 - Night fishing @ E-3, incoming tide.  Warmer weather is bringing 'em back.  I kept 8 yellow mouth trout (13-16-in.) have no idea how many I lost or threw back.  Another fisherman scolded me for throwing so many back.  He'd filled two 5-gal. buckets and wanted to give fish to his in-laws and neighbors.  My fish would take longer to clean than to catch, so I left.  Most were caught 6 to 8-ft. below the surface, on a white and pink twisty tail jig (see below) tipped with a small piece of shrimp as a ‘sweetener.'




Feb. 1, 1997 - Caught 8 yellow mouth trout and a small flounder at the corner of Bravo and Charlie Piers, bumping a white jig along the bottom.  Kept the 6 biggest trout, released everything else.




Feb. 2, 1997 - Caught a yellow mouth trout and an 18-in. flounder at the junction of Bravo and Charlie Piers.  High tide, jigging on the bottom.






No comments:

Post a Comment